Sunday, April 4, 2010

Kindness: Bunny Prints

Every Easter morning, we leave our house to find that someone has visited. Someone or something. Up and down the sidewalk are big, white prints. Big, powdery white prints. Bunny prints. Easter Bunny prints. They are big and...hoppy. This year you could even see where he pounced along a low brick wall.

I like to think that one of the dads in the neighborhood gets up extra-early on Easter and stencils them on with flour. Actually, I like to think it's specifically our old Portuguese granddad neighbor. That makes me smile.

No, I'm not saying that the Easter bunny isn't real, just that, I don't think that he necessarily leaves big bunny prints along the way. I mean, I never had prints in my neighborhood. So, maybe the granddad just gives him a little help. A way to stir kids' imaginations. A way to make their eyes light up with wonder and excitement.

A kindness from a neighbor. A kindness for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment