Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kindness: A Compliment

I spend a good amount of time on public transportation. In case you haven't noticed. And public transportation is really just a gathering of all corners of humanity. I am eagle-eyed for kindness in such places, particularly because kindness seems scarce at those times - it's all, get out of my personal space!, where the crap is the train!, SIGH!, sheesh!, UGH!

So, I put some kindness out into the world. You see, I spotted a girl on my morning commute wearing a really cute skirt. It was a plaid one, but with a little more pizzaz than usual. And, wouldn't you know it, I found the same girl standing right beside me on my commute home. So I took some action and paid her a compliment - I really like your skirt. Just a little compliment, but it made her smile. Just a tiny kindness for a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment